CIEE Global Institute – Rome: Open Campus Program
We're pleased to offer semester pricing for Open Campus programs starting at $6,500. CIEE is committed to preparing global citizens for today's workforce and tackling the barriers that prevent students from studying abroad. Providing affordable programs is key to these efforts, and supports our pledge to Generation Study Abroad™.
The CIEE Open Campus program at our Global Institute – Rome offers maximum flexibility to engage and experience study abroad in your own way. Customize the program to your interests, aspirations, and degree requirements: Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from five options, then choose from a range of courses and subject areas. In Rome, no matter how you build your program, you'll surround yourself with the language, culture, and people of the Eternal City. You'll have plenty of chances to get out and see Rome and Italy up close during included excursions and Study Tours.
Plus, you'll have time to learn how to make fresh pasta, visit the historic center of Rome, one of the Unesco Heritage Site, the Vatican Museums, St. Peters and much more.
Create Your Perfect Study Abroad Experience
Select courses from five academic tracks:
- Language, Literature & Culture - Learn or improve your Italian language skills, immerse yourself in 2,000 years of history, and learn about the most fascinating art and architecture works from Ancient Rome to the Renaissance and beyond. Some of the courses might also be offered in Italian.
- Business - As one of the founding members of the European Union, and leading economy in Southern Europe, Rome is an ideal place to explore economics, finance, management, strategy, and more.
- Communications, Journalism & New Media - Learn about the Italian film industry and international renowned directors; the influence of Italy's national public broadcasting company on the national and international scenes; or the Italian journalism scene through the analysis of the most influential national newspapers.
- Health Sciences - Discover Italy's approach to public health, compare local and global health care systems, and learn about contemporary challenges in global health.
- International Relations & Political Science - Dig into the difficult challenge of massive irregular immigration and other international complex issues that face Italy and European countries, and consider the effects they have around the world.
Enroll in one, two or three 6-week blocks:
The Open Campus Program teaches classes taught on a unique six-week academic block system, which results in courses that are taught more intensively than in a traditional semester-length course. Student should be prepared for a more focused academic experience with longer class sessions. Choose one, two or three academic blocks during either the fall or spring semester. Each block is six weeks long, and can be combined with blocks in the Open Campus program in Berlin, London and Paris. Students typically take two courses per block, one of which might be an Academic Project (internship, service learning project, or independent research).
Stay in Rome – or combine locations
Students can also opt to combine locations across the CIEE Open Campus network of locations - Buenos Aires, Santiago, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome – to create a truly individualized study abroad experience.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.